Tuesday 12 March 2013

Nightmares

I wake up at the middle of the night, dehydrated, knowing that my brain is not functioning properly and I am dreaming weird stuff which somehow make me feel threatened or scared. This has been happening quite often recently but I usually just go back to sleep and forget all about it. Two nightmares which I've had in the past few days were very strange indeed.

The first one involved pencils. I dreamt about going for a biology practical at University in which we had to draw some animals. When I opened my pocket I found out that I had forgot to sharpen my pencils. I tried to sharpen them with a sharpener that turned out to be damaged. My pencils' tip ended up breaking all the time and I got really stressed out about this, to such a point that it was a nightmare. Yes, these are the nightmares I have. 

The second one was a bit more weirder and disgusting. I remember that I thought I had been sneezing because of dust in my room. Then I looked at my book very closely and on it I see a little critter with very small little things running around it. At closer inspection I realize that the object is a pseudoscorpion (basically a scorpion without a tail) and the smaller companions being his babies. I also felt my throat soar and then I looked at the bed on which I also found this arachnids lurking about my sheets. Then it struck me that the sore throat was a consequence of pseudoscorpions living within my windpipe. I figured out that they had been growing inside me and they were building a colony and I was worried I'd develop an infection of some sort. Figure that out for me please.

Anyhow, I'm sure that these conjured nightmares of pencils and scorpions are nothing more than the result of a tired mind. I feel that it is the least my brain can throw at me and then saying, 'Hey, you need to calm down with all this crap you're trying to make me suck up!'.

I agree but I'm sure I'll be having nightmares for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment