Monday 11 March 2013

A Kindling Soul

I create a world from the remnants of my soul. From sadness I build self-comfort. From pain, reassurance.

I slipped away into a dark alley in which I found the peace I craved for. There I found myself. 

How could I be so blind? How could I not hear him crying and weeping? I made the people around me the core of my existence, and I got lost. The essence of my being eroded into this physical realm.

In the darkness I see a child playing with toys. He is smiling, his eyes ablaze with wonder, his soul emanating purity. I touch his shoulders and it all implodes. The walls cave in and the darkness consumes us both. 

And there I sit looking down at the floor, eyes closed. On my side a green seedling pushes through the black soil. I turn my head to look at it and it all comes back to me. 

Set on fire, a spirit of all that is and all that was burns across the plane of this realm. I watch as it feeds upon the darkness. It is warm and I'm comforted. 

The pain is gone, sadness devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment