Monday 11 March 2013

Music is Magic

Today I woke up early and before I left to University I decided to open my desk's drawer. There I found my mobile headphones which I hadn't used for quite a while and I took them with me. On my way to campus the roads were barren. I turned on the car's radio and the sound engulfed me. I could only hear the engine revving and the music in my ears. It was a moment of bliss. 

When I arrived at the semi-deserted University I put on my headphones and turned on the same radio channel. I sat on a bench staring at thin air listening to the sound in my ears. I hadn't had a moment for myself like this in a while. A couple of people that were sitting around me occasionally looked at me and I looked back at them with a smile. For a few minutes they were only a figment of my perception. My brain was totally focused on the melody beating through my ears and all I could sense was the sound and the cold breeze of the morning touching my face. 

The sunlight shone over the buildings to my North across the valley floor. I looked at them and shook my head ever so slightly to the magic surrounding me. I had become one and whole with music, which at that moment was the only thing that really mattered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment