Monday 15 April 2013

Look Around


Thirty minutes was a long time to sit quietly and think about my life and the life of all the people going past me. 

There was this old Maltese couple going up hill and another British one going down. Neither of them held hands and the women took the lead in both cases. I could see the fragility of their bones in the way they walked and in their posture. Separated by a nation these old souls still had the same problems in life, and sooner or later, they would be no more.

Then I saw a BMW go by and in it was a young family. A girl not older than 18 years had a blooming smile on her face as she reacted to her parents from the back seat. For those three seconds or less that I saw her, I knew she was happy - at least in that moment - and that gave me a smile of my own. 

There is so much going on around us. We just have to stop and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment