Sunday 28 April 2013

Heart Beat

My heart, it beats, slowly.
My head rests on the table, and I look down at the floor.
I can hear my heart beating in my chest.
It pushes against the table.
Wonderful isn't it, how nature works?
Just a collection of cells that beat, in a rhythm.
I am struck by its beauty.
I cannot believe something like this can even exist.
Yet, here I am, looking at the ground.
And my heart keeps beating.
It has done so for the past twenty years.
And it will do so for countless years to come.
Then, one day, my heart will stop.
I do not blame it.
It needs to rest, and so would I.
It would have been a beautiful journey.
Life itself, this miracle of nature.
A consequence of evolution.
13.77 billion years of causality.
To a point in time, that is now.
As I look down at the floor.
And my heart beats, slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment