Thursday 28 February 2013

To Become a Man

The change that has occurred within me in the past few years has been life-changing. I am very much not the same person I was three or four years ago and I'm still changing. Recently I have been thinking about the man I want to be, about the traits I want to have and how I want to look to other people. I found myself wondering about my character and how this is translated into the world outside my personal sphere of thoughts and how I manage to express myself. I do believe that I don't express myself very clearly, and I find myself being thought as differently than what I really am by others. 

I want to start reading more and expand my knowledge of the world and of different cultures. I don't read too much, and this is not a good way of building a character with a holistic approach towards society. I also intend to buy good music I like more often, so as to support artists in their work and have an ever changing archive of what I consider as memories or emotions translated into sounds. 

Being respectful, trustworthy and never lying are three other pillars on which I build my character. To keep self-confident but never bolster, believe in your ideas but never be blind to new possibilities and to listen to people and understand what they are saying when spoken to, are also very important. To be yourself and never try to impress, but rather act out and say what you think in a respectful manner that does not harm anyone but rather makes them think and to ask and question more than to accept what is given to you and learn from mistakes. These ideas are what define me and what I strive to keep in my life. 

And finally, to appreciate life and never lose awe in the smallest of things. To recognize beauty and enjoy a laugh, and to smile in hard times. These are the traits that I want to build my character on and to become a humble person, a man.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ryan. Life is full of surprises as we slowly turn over a new leaf. Good luck in your personal endeavors and discover the deepest power within yourself.
    A very good inspiring write up you have here. I have included you in my link list. Hoping to read more beautiful thoughts from you. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete