Tuesday 19 February 2013

Negative Emotions

This is for all those who do not have anyone to share words with. For all those that are neglected, for those that are tucked somewhere in their own world, being chocked by reality. 

It is not rare to find people who seek refuge in their own solitude. I do so very often, to escape problems, to hide from fear. I have learnt to suppress tears. I'm not ashamed to admit that I used to cry a lot, but I got used to it and was constantly told to stop acting so childishly and I changed. I built a wall around me, and locked myself and my emotions in it. I blocked the only sink of negative emotions, which ended up flooding me. 

I found some comfort in music. The different melodies and sounds I experience reduce emotional discomfort or elevate others; like regrets and sadness to a tipping point where they can escape. 

People can be both the source and the ease of negative emotions. Laughter is a good remedy, even in harsh times. Best of all however, is a person to talk to, and to share anything that bothers you, because sharing burdens makes them appear less daunting. This act called friendship is blatantly mistreated, and very few friendships serve their true purposes any more. 

So writing has become another form of release. Words are the physical form of thoughts, and even though they do not accurately depict whatever churns somewhere inside this brain of mine, they can ease the stress on my system. Through reading, I hope that other people can be encouraged to find their own way at sharing such emotions, rather then suppressing them, because suppression is not a solution but avoidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment