Thursday 21 February 2013

Another Week


The weekend draws near. My physical strength dwindles close to collapse, my mental stability is almost jeopardized. Early mornings, late nights, little sleep. This is the life of a student. My life, and the lament of a thousand voices that I create behind me, in my mind, so as to emphasize my point and feel confident about it, even though there's no point in whining. 

This is going to be a long tiresome semester. I know I will meet my deadlines ahead of time, and I will work hard and waste no time. At least that's what the ideal me would do, but I'm not ideal. Far from that, I am a sloth, a creeping maggot on a silky cushion of warmth.  Wasting time is easy, being productive and efficient is not. My time is characterized by events; periods of long wasteful nonsense, and stressed-out, efficient working periods, that produce results that could have been achieved leisurely and way better earlier on. 

I guess this has always been me. I never really studied much, if at all, prior to exams in the past, and I grew in an environment littered with distractions. However, I do believe that these distractions made me who I am today, for I have learnt so much from my mistakes, which I still do. Learning is a life long process, and I am still building myself up while eroding my useless traits. Well, let's say there is no useless trait, for even these have their share in the formation of a character. 

What I tend to do now is stop writing, because even though I have only spent few minutes putting my thoughts into words, I am still creating my own distractions to avoid being efficient and avoid completing tasks which should have higher priorities. Priorities. What a word full of meaning, isn't it?

I need to work on my priorities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment