Wednesday 16 January 2013

Letters

So I got this crazy idea pop up in my mind involving letters and a library. I thought about writing around ten letters with some words of encouragement, from words of hope, to ones of love and for those that are lonely. I want to empower people by words, make them smile when they read the letter.

So the idea was to print a couple of these letters addressed to no one in particular and signed by no one and put them randomly in the University library. I know most people do not lend books, and there are thousands of books around, but if a person finds the letter, then it is his to keep and read. The aim of this is to enlighten a person's day. If he or she feels that the letter helped in any way, then he or she will be inclined to write one and put it randomly somewhere in the library.

This way, with time, people will write random letters to make people happy and put them in random books, and those that find them will have something to smile about. Tomorrow I shall put my first batch of letters. Let's see where this goes in a few months time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment