Saturday 24 August 2013

My Scribbles

Sometimes I go back
To what I've said
And to what I've wrote
I read and ponder

And in them I find about
How I looked at things
I now despise
Or at things that I now love

For there's change in life,
In me and in you
And what has been
May not yet hold

But in two lines
Of what I wrote
Or in two words
Lies a sea of vivid memories

For every moment captured
And every word I uttered
Lie dormant here now,
In all these things I've scribbled.

There's sadness here,
And words of solitude
Of darkness there's written, with
A tattered sense of perception

Yet there is also hope
And compassion and wonder
Of colours and light is written
A character in awe is living

For then I wrote and now I write
To have some self-indulgence
And to myself and memories
I owe, respect and growing gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment