Friday 2 August 2013

An Unfinished Life

I'm not afraid to die, to watch the candle lights fade away, to see my life being sapped, my fragile bones shaking with ache. I'm not afraid to go to heaven or to hell, or to dim to darkness and never return. But I fear a nightmare, that with my death, I have left none of an effect upon this Earth, that my life was a futile existence. I'm afraid that I will be forgotten, that the daughters of my third generation will have not but a single clue of who I was. That their sons will walk upon lands where my ashes lay, and know none of their brethren's unfinished life. 



I'm not afraid to die, yet I am afraid for other people dying without understanding the beauty of life. They die expecting heaven or hell, or a place in the void never to return, yet they do not realize what they are - a miracle of existence. I'd rather live in awe at the things around me than in turmoil of thoughts in trying to achieve a place in the heavens, for the joy of inner peace - enlightenment - of realizing what is and what is not lingers in eternity, beyond death.

No comments:

Post a Comment