Thursday 19 March 2015

A Hug

Saw her there standing in a corner. Tears hanging on her chin, her red cheeks watery, glistening in the light of this nice day. And I looked into her eyes as she looked into mine. I walked, slowly towards her as she stood there. With open arms, I hugged her fragile state.

I wanted to squeeze her pain away. My arms wrapped around her tense body, her stiff muscles against mine. Her head nestled on my shoulders as her sobbing slowed, her chin dampening my hair.

Then my arms wrapped tightly firm around her, my fingers anchoring on her clothes. She stood there, still with her arms draping down. I caged her inside my warmth and there I gave her shelter.

Into the distance I stared and of nothing I thought. This wasn't a moment to think, but one to feel. Her beating heart thumped against my chest. Her blushing cheeks radiated heat into my neck.

There we stood silent. That was all I could give. That was all she needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment