Sunday 8 June 2014

How Light Carries On Endlessly Even After Death

"With shortness of breath, I'll explain the infinite.
How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist."


Life is short. You do not realize it as much as you do as in the last days you are given. Then comes the day when all the days you have had become a treasure. You look back because the future is no more. Your days ahead are fleeting and the days behind creep in. Memories surge in your mind like the waves on that summer day when you talked to the person you loved and told them how much you truly loved them. Life seemed endless that day. And you ended up having children and children of those children. How did it come to this? 

The universe was made as if to be seen by my eyes. Yet it was only by your choice. How could I ever be grateful enough for that fleeting chance in your life? When you met your love and the choice you took in loving him? That moment you said yes to him echoed through time. That moment you loved each other.

 Life is so beautiful, for life gives upon life. Your love was like a seed and you bore fruit that grew into other trees. But now it's hard to look in your eyes and see the pain. I can see that you do not look ahead. Fear is in you. I tried to write it down, but I could never find a pen. Your story is yours to take with you. And I can only look here with shortness of breath.

 I'm struck by the beauty of life and how rare and beautiful it is that we exist. How light carries on endlessly even after death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment