Sunday 16 March 2014

The Days I Have In Which I'm Dying



I have realized an inescapable truth today.
That I am dying, slowly but surely.
And every minute I waste of my life my body decays.
I just realized that everyone is dying.

And unless we are real to each other
We will keep dying and never live.
So while I die I want to be real with myself.
I will tell those that I love that I love them.
And those that I despise that I despise them.

I will cry when saddened and jump with joy,
When rejoicing, I will smile and I will frown.
For I see the days ahead of me vanishing slowly
But I also see the days that vanished behind me.

And in them are days when I am dead already.
When the flame is thin and suffocated.
I see that there were days of mere-existence.
When I slept and sat and waited.

But those shall not be the days remaining.
For what are we without passion for life?
Sing a song and play a tune for me.
And dance in beauty of the days that are unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment