Monday 13 May 2013

This Is Who I Really Am. Part 1

This is who I really am.

I am Ryan Sultana. Born to Maria Theresa Aguis and Aronne Sultana, 20 years, 7months and 19 days ago on the 27th of September 1992.

I started life as a conglomerate of cells and grew into Homo sapiens, a self-conscious mammalian life-form on planet Earth, in the Sol solar system, somewhere in the Milky Way galaxy.

From the day I was born I have breathed air and taken up oxygen in my blood. My heart has pumped this blood through my body ever since. I was born in a Maltese family, on Malta, an island in the Mediterranean sea. Here, I have learnt to speak, walk, and do the other things a normal Homo sapiens learns to do.

Throughout my childhood I have learnt to ask questions. I learned to count numbers and watched documentaries about the true nature of the wilderness. I have done so from a little house in the small village of St. Lucia. Here, I have slept for the past 20 years, ate, sang, cried, yelled and washed and did most of the stuff in my life.

At a young age I was put in an education system and I have been in it ever since. I have learnt about the history of my species, be it the revolution of society or the evolution of human beings. Five years ago I decided to strive in learning more about the Biology and Chemistry of this world and of the universe. The more days that pass the more I learn.

Yet, in these past 20years as I grew in this world, the Earth itself changed. The human population has increased from 5.4 billion in 1992 to 7.1 billion as of now. When I was just growing up as a kid, technology and its development exploded, and in 20 years I had to become accustomed to using computers, cell phones and all the other things. I was born in the computer generation. This, undoubtedly, had a very large impact on my life.

I spent the first 17 years of my life a shy misunderstood person. I observed those around me and gave little feedback in return. I asked questions, yes, but that was just it. I did not like to integrate with other people as I did not deem it necessary. In those years I built my character on who I really was and not what others thought of me. I searched for the things I loved to do, and for what I should avoid. This has given me character traits and values I adhere to nowadays.

But now, things have changed. I have become more open to discussion, more social. I want to learn what other people think. I want to be part of their lives. I have come to realize that sharing emotions and ideas builds us as a community. It has exposed me to criticism and to my weaknesses. I now am vulnerable to change and to mistakes. I can and will hurt people, and people will hurt me but I am able to learn from that.
Now I am building on the pediment of my character experiences which I gain from other human beings.

The future is bright, the road steep and treacherous, but I think I am ready. Whatever comes my way will only build me further. And with the passing days I will look back at myself and realize who I am.

Right now, this is who I really am.


No comments:

Post a Comment